Saturday, November 17, 2012

D'Onofrio Chocoberry

Let's kick this off with something fresh. Paneton world heavyweights D'Onofrio (owned and operated by Law & Order veteran Vincent D'Onofrio) came out this year in full force with 2 new products: Pastelicia (relleno with custard) and Chocoberry (relleno with I'll let you guess what).

So far I've had the chance to try the Chocoberry, and while purists might consider it blasphemy, make no mistake that this is a quality fruitcake. Expectations were high (as is always the case when chocolate mixes with fruit) so I must admit that the initial face-stuffing left me a little underwhelmed. Nothing was really off, but I just wanted the taste to carry my mind away, to make me forget about my shoulder injury... a taste which once gone would make me a better person than I was before experiencing it. None of this happened, but IcyHot helped with the shoulder.


However, after a few more chomps spaced between a couple of days the bastard grew on me to the point that I'm considering a Round 2 before stocks deplete. The berries are a perfect combination of slightly sweet, slightly sour and balance very well with the chocolate. Vinnie sure wasn't stingy on the quantity of choc & berry bits, which are housed within the renowned soft D'Onofrio breadness. A complete experience.

The package is smaller (750g) and price higher than what you would normally pay (got this one for about 28 soles), so it's not exactly exceptional value. But if you're tired of the standard formula, give this one a try. It's the "thinking outside the box" kind of Paneton that transcends our every day expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment