Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wong Redcurrant & Orange

Don't judge a Paneton by its cover...
What’s that you say? A Paneton aficionado going for a supermarket brand? Unheard of? Appalling? Insulting even? Well, shit... I have nothing to prove to you, which is why I will only prove to you the following:
  1. I needed a nice big reusable container for my future Panetons (the tupperware ain’t cuttin’ it no mo’)
  2. Oranges in any shape or form are the good stuff
  3. It gave me a chance to burn off Bonus points on something “useful”
The redcurrant (which up until now I didn’t even know existed in the berryworld, thank you fruitcake addiction for expanding my knowledge) is an interesting addition. But really once it’s dried, who gives a shit... tastes just like a raisin, lacking that slightly sour punch that the cranberries in the Chocoberry deliver.

...judge it by the cross section
The aftertaste is orangey... but not the yum kind of Jaffa cake orangey, more like a miniature “oh my fucking god did I just eat orange flavored toothpaste?!” kind of orangey. Which you may be into... me, not so much.

Bread rating: Sigourney Weaver in Aliens. Rough, but gets the job done.

Overall, a very meh level of Paneton that you would expect from a supermarket brand. An interesting idea no doubt, but the execution falls short of delivering something memorable.

A sentence that goes something like “In a sea of choice, this would be one not to make” sums up the opinion of this humble observer... unless you need the metal box.
 

I miss Jaffa cakes. Anyone got a hook up for these in Lima? Hit me up yo...

No comments:

Post a Comment